Monday, January 8, 2007

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer



So for those of you who know know I am a huge.......I mean HUGE......Alan Rickman fan. Oh and just so you know I liked him before Harry Potter. In fact it was his role in Sense and Sensibility as the sweet and charming Col. Christopher Brandon that allowed me to know the man is an amazing actor. He was able to convey so much emotion with out actually saying much, his facial expressions just makes you cry.....(also the man looks good in a uniform..........THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!!)
But enough about Jane Austin, anytime that Mr. Rickman has a new movie I make it a point to head out to the movie theater and see it. Why, because I know that it is bound to be a good movie. So this weekend my wife and my roommate headed into Des Monies to see
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

Now I will warn anyone reading this, that I might give away some of the movie, so if you haven't seen the movie and are planning to, you might want to come back to this post after you have seen the movie.
Perfume is the story of a young Frenchman back in the 1700's who was born with a sense of smell that is simple amazing. He can smell things for miles away. We follow the story about how he comes to learn how to make perfumes and also we learn that he has a burning longing to capture the smells of young women. This leads him to killing the young women in order to take their smells. By doing this he creates the perfect perfume, this makes the world see him as some type of angel instead of the murder he really is. However, I will warn you that towards the end of the movie there is a lot...and i mean a lot of naked people. But it dose server a purpose to the story like so it's all good.
The movie has some beautiful camera work and the acting is honest, and Mr. Rickman commands your heart to be tied to his as he fights in vain to save his daughter from the murder haunting the town. Buy the end of the movie you are praying that the man will have the strength to kill the man who takes his daughters life, however, he to falls under the spell of the powerful perfume.
Anyway, no matter what the reviews say, I believe that Rickman deliverers yet another amazing performance. WAY TO GO ALAN!!!




No comments: